Professional organizer Lisa Jacobs of Imagine It Done emphasizes the importance of creating strategies in the home for practical, efficient living. The laundry room is one of the easiest places to begin when trying to improve your organization at home. To help keep you on the right track she put together the 10 most important laundry organization and machine maintenance tips to help you care for your clothing, linens and towels beautifully.
1. Jacobs’ business motto is: “An organized space is an organized mind is an organized life!” To that end, group your laundry room supplies in uniformed organizational bins with correct labels for visual peace of mind and to keep your items categorized.
2. Invest in the installation of a utility rack to house mops, brooms and bulkier cleaning items. This system is especially great for small spaces and an efficient way to avoid clutter on the floor and in corners where they are typically stored.
3. Wall racks and brackets with a variety of sized baskets mounted on the wall or inside a door create more storage and organization for laundry and household cleaning supplies.
4. Pesky allergens can linger in your clothing and bedding, aggravating allergy sufferers. Invest in a washing machine that is certified by the experts to nearly eliminate allergens like LG TurboWash 360. For a consistent clean, avoid moisture buildup in the washer by wiping excess water from the rubber gasket.
5. Installing a mounted drying rack on your wall is a perfect system to hang and dry your delicates, keeping them organized in, and contained to, the laundry area.
6. Install a shelf directly over the washer/dryer for your detergents and supplies and never place laundry liquids directly on top of machines. Heat and movement with plastic containers may cause spillage and spoil the liquids. Front-load washers and dryers are best for freeing up space because you can put shelving right over them.
7. Imagine It Done recommends using HE “free and clear” detergents to safely clean clothes and linens. And to clean clothes fast, the new LG TurboWash 360 washer can tackle large loads in less than 30 minutes without sacrificing performance.
8. For the best results in washing clothing, linens and towels, separate whites from colors and run in separate cycles. Follow the same rules for towels and linens; wash separately.
9. If you are in the market for a new appliance, make sure you do your research first. Reputable organizations like Consumer Reports and American Customer Satisfaction Index (ACSI) come out with yearly reports on customer reliability and satisfaction for appliance brands. These reports are based off consumer feedback and experience to help inform buyers on the best brands. LG home appliances took home the highest 2019 rankings in laundry for the second year in a row, according to ACSI’s data.
10. In the spirit of living functionally and creating strategies in the home for efficient living, the business recommends investing in appliances like LG’s newest line, which features advanced TurboWash technologies. Appliances like these save you time and money in the long run with their shorter wash times and energy-saving capabilities — a true win-win. Be sure to take time and get to know your appliances; read your manual carefully before operating for optimum results.