Everyone wants to start the new year on the right foot. They change their diets, workout routines, and make a variety of new promises to themselves to make positive changes. But, why not focus on spicing up your relationship?
Here are a few things you can do to give your relationship a fresh start in 2020 by Dave Gottesman of Perchance.
1) Find a new shared hobby you can participate in together. It might be painting, a board game, watching a new Netflix show, running, working out in the gym, dancing, etc. Whatever it is, as long as you are doing it together, it will be a special bonding experience that will bring you closer to your significant other.
2) Leave the cell phone alone. When you finish your day, make sure you can put your phone away for an hour and just bond with your partner. You can do anything during that time. Cook. Cuddle. Watch a movie. Paint the town. Just be in the moment and know that your phone will always be there later.
3) Reserve a date night. Pick one night a week and go on a date. Be romantic. Let loose. Spending time together- once a week goes a long way!
4) Say thank you every morning. Be more thankful that you have each other and the things around you that you take for granted. Letting each other know you care, are humble, and thankful goes a long way!
5) Exchange massages. Take care of each other. Give each other a massage. This helps you re-connect and destress after a long day. Take the time to enjoy and take care of your partner and let them reciprocate this holiday season as we enter 2020!
Perchance locates other users in their immediate vicinity at the same time. When two users confirm a missed connection, the Perchance app gives them the ability to coordinate a time and place to meet.
Launched in December 2018, the consistent monthly growth of 40% placed the app on Product Hunt’s Top 5 Best New App Idea, with matches who are meeting 90% of the time, users connecting both online and offline vs. just swipe, and intersecting hospitality, entertainment, and tech by creating partnerships with local bars, restaurants, and clubs to provide users with locations to meet and date.
Perchance has developed a solution using modern technology in today’s dating world and the idea spurred when Founder Dave Gottesmann was having trouble sleeping after exchanging smiles with a beautiful woman. He would be rushing to work, on an elevator, or just crossing paths at the supermarket and would wonder “What If?” he was supposed to have a second chance with that woman and get to know her better? He realized he was not the only person having this thought and saw hundreds of articles and millions of people sharing these thoughts.
Gottesmann says, “Perchance helps people connect who would have otherwise never met. Imagine you are checking out at Publix today and you exchange smiles with a beautiful person who leaves right then. In reality, before Perchance, that person is gone forever. You can now go back in time and reconnect within seconds, up to 48 hours, to find them using the Perchance Map. We also push while the moment is hot and allow our users to RSVP for a date once they connect, as a neighborhood connection app. Other apps are mostly the “Hot or Not” mold which allow users to swipe endlessly on potential users who might be real people. On other platforms, you can sit on the sidelines of life and fill out endless questionnaires. We put you in control and you tell us who you want to reconnect with.”
Dave Gottesmann, CEO, attained his J.D. in 2007 from The University of Miami, and B.A. cum laude, from The George Washington University in 2003. Over the past two decades he has obtained extensive experience in management, event planning, client relations, public relations and marketing, legal representation, and successfully launched DG Sports Agency. Before venturing out on his own he worked alongside the top sports agents in the world at SFX Sports assisting the management of Andre Agassi, Andy Roddick, and Olympian Gail Devers. He understands the dating market, both as a business owner and a consumer and has been researching and using dating apps for nearly a decade. Using his experience in the events, marketing, and client relationship space he was able to create something that could bring joy into people’s everyday lives.